Re: mk1 w/ 14's

Benjamin Harder wrote:

>  When I got my '81 rocco this past fall I threw on a set of wheels and
> tires that I had used on my 86 16v.  They are 14'' rims with 195/60/14
> tires.  I know, not quite stock size, but the only option at the time.
> I love the rims on the car but the tires just look so HUGE that it makes
> the '81 look like a 4x4 or something (well, not *that* bad).  These same
> wheels/tires look fine on my 16v (IMO).  Anyhow, I was wondering what
> other MK1 owners prefer for tire size.  TIA
>
> =====
> Benjamin Harder

I LIKE the big feet/ little car look. The only thing that would cause me
to consider it being a 4x4 is the height of the car of the top of the
tire, as in fender gap.

I had some 205/60/13s on the car when i got it and have 195/60/14s on
the bottle caps.

Get used to it baby, welcome to MarkOne-vile.

TBerk