Re: Cincy - DRAG-- MB's Mk1

> Ah yes, another Mk1 convert. This one was very predictable..

    it was merely a matter of time...

> This is the same dude that wanted to ditch the big rear
> spoiler on his Mk2 16v to make it quicker a couple of years back..

    hehe, anything to shave a coupla pounds.  it all adds up, you know.
actually, my big thing now is removable poundage.  i want to have some
pleasures on the street (stereo, weighty rims), but for the track, i want
everything to be a quick-disconnect kinda thing, so i can maximize my
efforts.

> Its so much easier to shed hundreds of pounds by stepping
> into a Mk1 Rocco...The only surprise here is that you
> didn't pick up a '75 to get the lightest chassis possible.

    well, the 75 is pretty hard to come by around these parts, and even if i
did, i'd have top change the front fenders/turn signals.  i think that
they're kinda unsightly.  wrt to the 75 being the lightest chgassis, i think
that that only applies to european models only.  i think that they tipped
the scales at about 1750lbs, or something like that?  with me in it, the car
weighed in at 2150lbs, if i recall correctly.  i hope to remove another
130lbs or so (tho i will be adding in another 100...we'll see what happens),
so, with a bit of luck, i can break past the 2000lb mark.  it'll be tuff,
but it just might happen.

> But an '81 is not a bad choice. What colour will the Mad
> Bastard Racing Team be sporting in its 3rd reincarnation?

    unfortunately, it's banana yellow :Þ  not my first choice by far, but
wtf?  it was in pretty good shape, and i thought that it was time for a mk1,
so i jumped on it.

    if i can afford it next year, i'll have it painted over the winter, if
not, no big thing.

jason
the mad bastard