Bent Lower Tie Bar -- Can I bend it back?

    The other day my buddy, who usually only works on Jap cars and
British classics, was trying to help me rotate my tires because he has a
floor jack, impact wrench, jack stands, etc. at his garage.  Well, when
he goes to jack it up he's clueless as to where to jack from, so he
tries all this retarded shit, trying to use 2x4s to bridge between to
two A-arms and jacking in the middle of the 2x4s.
    Well, he ended up bending the Tie bar, so now when the motor torques
in the bay in 1st and 2nd gear, the tranny comes forward a little and
rattles against the tie bar.  It is really annoying!  Handling seems
exactly the same, but the rattling has got to go.  Is taking it to a
frame shop and having them bend the bar back a good move?  If not, my
friend is in for a good beating.  Let me know what can be done.

Thanks
-Sean