Re: Cincy - DRAG RACE & SHOW

> what happened to mad bastards jetta?????

    it's still in good shape, it just lacks the
motor/suspension/brakes/wiring/owner that it had when you last saw it.  my
buddy peter that had my old 8V GLI at waterfest is now the proud owner of my
baby.  i love that car to death, but something else came along, and i just
had to have it.  it's an 81 rocco.

    it's going to be even ruffer than the sciretta was (or so i hope).  i
don't know if i'll be able to afford all of the mods that i'd like to do to
it, but i'll do what i can.  my jetta weighed about 2400lbs with me in it.
the scirocco weighed about 2200lbs with me in it.  my best time in the jetta
down the 1/4 was 14.74.  assuming that the motor will be back up to snuff,
i'm hoping to break into the 13s.  no NOS, no forced induction.  purely
light-handed shifting, and heavy-footed pedal-pounding.  of course, cutting
off 3/4 of a second off a 1/4 mile time is no small feat, but i'm going to
do my best :)

> we never heard anything about it??

    consider yourself informed.  later!

jason