Re: non-roc topic (was Knock box problem.......)

I see your point, and this comes up a bit.  Personally, I love the
back-n-forth chatter, but I can also see how it'll get annoying.  One
thing to keep in mind is that with all of the swapping that goes on
between different VWs, asking a question about one car may actually help
someone else.  (i.e. the 2.0 motor in my Passat is doing this, and
someone with a 2.0 Passat motor in their Scirocco may benefit from the
advice.)  The original question was asked about an '85 motor put in an
'84 GTI, which is no different than an '85 motor in an '84 Scirocco.  And
since many of us own more than one type of VW this list becomes a huge
source of information.

While I'm blatantly off Scirocco topic, today I decided to retire my
venerable Jetta.  I will go to the bank tomorrow to get preapproved for a
car loan and buy a Porsche 944.  I know we have discussed the performance
differences (or similarities) between a 944 and the 16V, but I've always
wanted a Porsche.  Sometimes you've just gotta say "What the fuck!"

Of course, my roommate is busting my balls because it makes no sense to
him to have a Porsche daily-driver and a VW track car...  It's also
always nice to have the "sacrificial sports car."  If when I get married
and she wants me to get rid of a sports car, I can ditch the Porsche and
we're both happy.  I get to keep the 'rocco, and she thinks we
compromised...  ;-)

It's never too early to have a mid-life crisis...

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta
GO HOKIES!!!