Re: 1.8 16v to 2.0

At 12:27 AM 02/12/2000 -0500, David Brown wrote:
>I'm sure this has been covered before, but is there any "required" changes
>to be made when swaping 1.8 to 2.0. If I swap only the block and use the 16v
>1.8 heads do I have to change anything else. I know I can change motor
>mounts, clutch etc... But is there any required changes. Like redoing the
>exhaust because the block is taller or anything? Brackets to alternator
>etc.?

You can use all your existing brackets and everything.  Just throw a new
headgasket on and you're ok.  Oh, you will need to remove/ or push in one
of the dowels for lining up the head.  I believe it's the one on the
transaxle side.  Outside dimensions for the 2.0 and 1.8 are the same when
it comes to length and height.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine
ICQ 1527476
'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4