Repair story continues & a question...

Ok folks, here's a good one for you... I'm back doing repairs to the jobs
done by Monroe Muffler & Brake. they missed: missing one manifold stud,and
two loose ones. Exhaust leak just behind the cat, "Bring it in on Monday and
we will use a muffler sealer..." Sounds like a bandaid to me.

Here's a question:
My car has been running poorly, not much torque at low RPM, power gaining
with RPM. Spark plug #1 is sooty black, not oil though. It is difficult to
get the air/fuel mix correct.
I found a piece of the fuel injector "sheath" on the intake manifold. It
cracked just below the rubber "O" ring. Could this be the source of the poor
performance? Can this be replaced with out replacing the cylander head?

TIA

Julie