Re: Teardrop retention fastener

Well, yeah you may fill the recess with xxx, but then lowlifes have
kinda won.  Oh, my bad, the thread is actually 8x1.25mm by ~30mmlong.
Having 6mm hex key in glovebox is no worse than the factory 8mm 12 pt.
Plus when I go to remove a wheel, I've got 3-way allen key wrench from
bicycle stuff handy (don't have to go through glovebox or toolbox, FWIW).

But, teardrops are on the decline in quantity/desireablity.

> Brian Dettling wrote: > > > > Well, I'd have to second the suggestion to
perhaps go to plain 6mm hex > > (8mmx1 fastener).  At the first
Lolapalooza, some lowlife scum in a Jetta > > made off with my immaculate
teardrop covers, leaving me with their > > "vermiform" corroded ones.  I
now carry around 6mm hex key.  Also used on > > battery hold-down clamp
bolt. > <snip> > > > > Brian D./OH > > How can you be in two places at
once when you're not anywhere at all... > > Firesign Theatre > > > > q > >
Might you fill the socket with black silicon sealant? You can dig it out >
but it might slow down the casual snatch & grabber. > > TBerk

--
Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as
0.0% Intro APR, online balance transfers, Rewards Points, no
hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
you deserve!  Apply now! Get your NextCard Visa at:
http://click.egroups.com/1/974/0/_/11885/_/950207951/

eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/vwautox/