Re: How hard is it to remove an injector

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, David M Brown wrote:

> How hard is it to get the head of an injector out of the injector hole?
> Just the head of one of my injectors came off in the hole. I was
> thinking if a pulled the rubber seal out it would come out with it.
>
> Any Input?

I think they are *supposed* to come out relatively easily (i.e., grab hold
a pull hard enough). I think if the o-rings get old and hard though that
this is easier said than done (they are held in by engine vacuum during
operation). At least that seems to be the case on my car (though my
problem is that one injector isn't in properly to begin with, so I can
pull it out with hardly any force; I'll be replacing the o-ring on this
one).

A special tool is available to make this easier.

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html