From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of VWN8@jps.net
Sent: Saturday, February 05, 2000 12:00 PM
To: Flying Toaster Motorsports
Cc: Scirocco list
Subject: Re: Shocks/Struts/Coil Over Kits Info

I have this kit on my 82.  Instalation was not a problem (no special tools, no cutting, no welding, no spring compressor, etc.).  I bought the kit that allows you to keep the origonal lower front spring baskets.  If you dont mind cutting and welding there is a kit that gives you a little more height adj. but requires the modification of the front strut housings.  Other things I like about the kit:

-higher quality springs - (I should admit I think progressive sport springs are for old ladys)
-height adjustability
-it's really easy to change springs out by removing the strut berring and sliding them through the hole on the strut tower
-you chose your own spring rates rather ethan have a manufacturer decide what you want your car to ride/handle like
-cant overlook the cool anodised colors =-)

there are other good things about the kit.  I would recomend it wholeheartedly.

HTH

Nate