'Gater Baiting (Long, non-roc)

My tactics are thus:
With the tailgater way too close for safety, I go into a panic stop.

As my brake lights come on, and my car goes into nosedive mode, this causes
the tailgater to produce dark streaks on the road, and hopefully in their
pants.

To prevent me from being the big loser here by being slammed, I:

1)	Have the gas pedal stomped before hitting the brakes, so the car is ready
to get the Hella outta there real quick-like. It's important to time it so
you don't actually begin speeding up yet, but torque will have been built up
in time to skeedaddle when you let up on the brakes.

2)	That's a very quick and mighty jab at the brake pedal, folks. Has to be
done so as to produce the maximum nosedive, while tailoring it to other
conditions, such as how fast you are going, and how close this idiot's nose
is to your ass. If road conditions are low-traction, I won't even try this.

I have also done the going slower and slower thing to shake a 'gater. In my
'83 GTI, rest it's rust, I have been known to be in the fast (inside) lane
on the Interstate doing ~30mph, while traffic was going the usual 60-80 on
my right. This finally infuriated the fool behind me enough to want to pass,
and besides, there is now all this open room in front of me.

Once they moved off my ass, I downshifted and stomped it. I'd never let them
pass. Good ol' GTI. (Hey, I didn't know about 'Roccos then, and at that time
the GTI did have the better acceleration setup, with the gears and motor
being what they were.)

Note: This was in SF Bay area, and down South, the roads were becoming
littered with bullet casings, so I had to be very lucky to be able to write
this! BE REALLY CAREFUL!!!

Getting smarter and older, one a lot quicker than the other,

 R     '88 16V & other VWs
Antaki

"If you think you can, you are probably right. If you think you can't, you
are definitely right." - Henry Ford