RE: FREE Car fax

Thanks for the link, I've used it to check out all 3 of my VWs.
Most amazing is this fact about my Rocco -
********
RESULT: Potential ODOMETER ROLLBACK DETECTED in the Carfax database.

The VIN submitted for this 1988 Volkswagen was checked against the Carfax
database to determine if any reported odometer reading is less than a
previous reading.

CALCULATION: POTENTIAL ODOMETER ROLLBACK

On 08/17/1994 the odometer reading was reported as:    487,385 miles
On 08/19/1996 the odometer reading was reported as:     48,742 miles
This represents a mileage decrease of:                 438,643 miles

If this is accurate, they sure do hang together well! The wear hardly shows.
Well, there may have been a mis-entry at one of them thar smog tests...

Antaki

Many a man thinks he is buying pleasure, when he is really selling himself
it. -Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)