Re: identifying marks, enigine/Tranny..

Not likely. Is the 1.5 a carburetted model? If so then it will not have the
markings cause the 1.6 wasn't around at the time. This head is probably
older than the other ones and the casting hadn't been changed yet for the
newer engines. HTH

>OK, Chris...You got me on that one, my 1.7 has a 1.6 stamped on the head,
>but, my 1.5 has nothing other than the part # and GERMANY stamped on the
>head...you think this is a replacement head?
>

>Tom

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco