Re: screwed up crank shaft pulley allen bolt...

I don't know how well this would work, or if there is enough room to do it.
It's just a suggestion.  But when that happened to the allen bolt on my
brake calipers while i was changing pads, i used a torix (i think that's
what it's called, it's the star-shaped one) wrench by pounding it into the
allen bolt until it was good and tight.  And with a little bit of grunt, the
bolt came right out.  HTH!

Lee Folkman
'84 Wolfsburg Scirocco 8v
'82 Jetta Diesel(225,000+ and can still get 50mpg)