From: Shannon Fenton [mailto:sfenton@amazon.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2000 1:53 PM
To: Owen Rabey
Cc: Scirocco List
Subject: Re: oil buzzer going on at certain rpm

Ive had this same problem since I bought the car 4 or so years ago. I had VW
test it and they said it was the oil brain mounted on the cluster. But then
when they actually tested the presssure I had at 3K RPM  2bar max. Been that
way for 4 years. Heres what Ive replaced, all oil pressure senders, oil
computer, oil cooler, rod and main bearings, oil pump. Still no pressure but
the motor keeps running. I desoldered the f-ing buzzer. SO I guess I dont
have an answer other then to put a oil pressure gauge on it and check it for
sure then start working through the componets starting with the pressure
senders.

Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management
Amazon.com