Re: Ditching the Heater core

--- Sal Guzzo <pellom@yorku.ca> wrote:
> Well, you know that when you're sick with a flu and
> shit, you come up with
> some fucked up ideas.  Here's my fucked up idea.
>
> CAn I ditch my heater core, vents, etc and leave out
> the unnecessary items?
>  The cars I contemplate putting under the knife are
> my 84 Rabbit and my 81
> Scirocco.  I figured that since we can ditch the
> a/c, how about the heat?
> PLease keep in mind that these cars are only driven
> in the summer and I DO
> NOT plan on driving them in the winter. I can save
> on some weight as well
> as other benefits (or so I think).
>
> So what would be the advantages and disadvantages in
> pursuing this possibly
> fruitless feat.  Stupid questions do not exist so
> here I am asking.  I've
> never seen this topic discussed so I wanna know.
> Thanks y'all!!!!!

sure! Why not?

The only thing is, if you get caught in a nasty rain
storm, you'll be missing the defogging properties of
heat . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)