Re: mk1 clutch

Its all a matter of money. lets say you have 125$ this will get you a stock
210mm kit. I do not recommend using this kit as the disk that comes with the
kit is prone to premature failure. For an extra 50$ you can get the 210mm
disk and 16V pressure plate which will do just fine for your application.
Keep in mind you will need to buy a flywheel as well. For the more high
dollar app. if you have around 350$ you can get the sachs sport clutch. The
best setup I have encountered is the VW motorsports 210mm disk with 16V pp.
This runs about 410$. Be sure to replace both seals and the pushrod bushing
while you are in there. HTH

>I am looking for clutch recommendations for my mk1 Scirocco. I am putting
>in an Audi 2 liter, with my original 5 sp. tranny. I figured that while I
>am in there I had better replace my clutch. I need some advice on which
>clutch to buy. I would like it to be a little beefier than the original
>because of the larger engine, but it is a street car, I don't want anything
>too extreme. Any advice, anyone?
>
>Thanks,
>Todd

Chris DeLong