[8V tech] installing full throttle enrichment switch

Ok, I got a bigger throttle body with the full throttle enrichment switch.
I would like to know what the best way to install it is.  In Per Schroder's
VW tuning book he says to hook it to the thermo switch in series with a
resistor.  He doesn't specify a value for the resistor and suggests using a
potentiometer.  Isn't the enrichment switch hooked right to the brain in
stock configuration?  How about splicing it directly to the cold start
valve?  I would buy the Bosch fuel injection tuning book but I'm a little
short on cash now.

Shawn Rader
'81 Rocco S