Re: Should I buy a Passat?

In a message dated 12/26/00 8:09:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
aaron@makuta.com writes:

Is there anything really wrong with Passats that would be in that price
range, as long as I avoid the automatics?  Are the automatics repairable, or
does that require highly specialized tools/knowledge?  Or do they go out so
quickly I wouldn't want to bother?

I have heard some real horror stories about the Passats. You don't want to
buy an Automatic one from the early 90's. And don't buy a VR6 either as VW
didn't really get the bugs out of it until about '95. I couldn't imagine an
A2 Jetta being all that small for you,...but in terms of reliability, I don't
think you could go wrong. HTH

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)