Non-working heater fan

Hi all,

This may have been covered somewhat recently, but I haven't
saved the thread...

The heater fan in my '81 Scirocco failed yesterday.  The switch
is fine, and there's power to the switch.  There are no blown
fuses (fuse 10, according to Bentley, is the one in question).

I'm NOT seeing voltage to fuse 10, fan on or off.  I assume there
would only be power when the fan is on...

I'm trying to get at the fan to check it, but I can't figure
out how to get the housing that surrounds the heater and A/C
units off to get at the fan.  Bentley is a bit vague in this
area.

Any suggestions or tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks much in advance!

- Mark Burnham