Re: [tech] clutch noise

>From: "The '84 Scirocco" <scirocco@macslut.org>

>  I'm not having any problems shifting, nor are the gears making any
>noise, it just seems to be the transfer between gears.

Noise when you push the clutch pedal down (Regardless of gear, or movement)
could be due to a bad throwout bearing. Or the end of the "push rod" could
be worn to the point that it makes noise.

Grinding sounds related to rolling speed could indicate the dreaded Self
Machining Syndrome (rivets on the ring get worn, slip out, and machine a
nice hole on the bellhouse side of tranny case). Keep a very close eye for
tranny fluid leaks under your car.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0