Re: Borla muffler quality?

> The borla is a little deeper but it is still very
> raspy.  Not enough of a differece to warrant the price
> of the muffler IMHO.  I wish the tt mufflers were
> better built.  They tend to blow out very quickly.  Is
> this on your MKI or MKII?

If this is directed at me, I've only got a Mk1.  It's got an '87 GTI 16V
motor in it though.  IF the Borla isn't the answer then what is?  I want a
ROAR not a rasp.  My friend has a Mk2 Golf 16V with a TT aluminized & Borla
on it, but he's got a stock DP and cat.  I like the sound of his car very
much, but I think that's got a lot to do with the lack of the Race DP.

Ben R
'79 Scirocco 1.8 16V
'89 GTI 16V
'86.5 Quantum Syncro Wagon