RE: GTi survival story: Non Roc

has happend to me before.
the intake hose for the airbox is normally low on the car for a ram air
type system, yeah right. if you drive through a puddle. the water gets
sucked throught airbox, filter, intake, into the head, through
intake valves into the cyinder. the fluid that behaved exactly like air
before now \shows how it is different from the gas normailly flowing thru
the system. it is an incompressable fluid. where as air is very
compressable. Now you have in one of the cylnders some water that takes up
some of the space then another cyln get water in it. then another .
finnaly one cylnb w/ water goes to the compression cycle. and now the
motor stops. because It cannot compress the water.
any questions?
brian.
I got lucky and no damage occured to my car. just pulled the plugs and
cranked over the motor. spraying water everywhere . shot it a good 10
feet. on the one that missed me. :-) put the plugs back in used some ether
and ajump for a while, vroom, cough, spit, chug, vrooom vroom. back on the
road again....
:-)