GTi survival story: Non Roc

Thanks to Brett and Jim from Rochchester, we had a ton of rain. The worst
storm I have been in in years.

The road was flooded ahead of us, cars swerving and stopping in mid road. A
four wheel drive car in mid puddle, up to his axles in muddy water.

I didn't stop. I continued through dispite the flash of water over the top
of the car. The kids in the car screaming. Must have gotten water in the air
intake or on the distributor, because it would run, but with little power.
But...

The little black car that the others made fun of, kept running and pulled
out of the water and away...

Again several miles away, I hit a puddle, 25' across at least 12" deep. I
hit the brakes when I saw it 55mph to 45mph then hit.... In 20' went to 10
mph. WOOF! Again the children screamed, but now Julie's laughing
maniacally...

At least the engine bay is clean....

Julie