Re: O2 sensor

e of it, but having excess unburnt fuel (like
>when you run fairly rich due to not having a functional SYSTEM to maintain
>14.7:1 A/F ratio) will overheat the catalytic converter which will
>drastically shorten it's life.

not that it matters, but I thought that a lean mixture causes more heat
because the oxygen burns hotter and more readily than the fuel......unburned
fuel will just clog up the converter because of the carbon it causes.

my .02 (worth even less because it is CDN$)

Casey
84 Roc
88 Golf ...for sale
86 GLi ...parting out when it gets warm again