Re: [comment] VWoA...WTF?

dale witt wrote:

> Dan, some of my friends and I recently met with a regional service manager
> for VWoA (BTW this guy has an 87 Scirocco w/22k on it).  Anyway, he does a
> great deal of public relations for VW and has been with them many years.
> Our main topic of conversation was "Why don't we get the good stuff?".  His
> answer was that VW has never considered the US a very important market.
> This is beginning to change.

Another factor in our favor: the depressed (and falling) value of the euro
vs. the dollar.  This makes every dollar of profit brought home from the
US that much more valuable and important to the parent company.  The fact
that other enthusiast-oriented models are beginning to appear (upcoming
supercharged Mini Cooper, Civic Si, etc.) might eventually force VW to
wise up and play in this space.  Shit, they've got all the damn parts
they need right on the shelf.. all they need to do is make the decision
to play..

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0