Re: 350 in a Scirocco.

A reasonably well-built 350 will rev to 7000 no
problem at all, and it can be done for very little
money as well.

You'd have to get a transaxle, like for an Olds
Toronado, but even then you'd have nothing to bolt it
to.  The real problem here is that there's not enough
stiffness in the structure to handle a V8.  First time
you rev it, you'll twist the whole front end to hell!
It'd crumple like aluminum foil!  Hell, on these A1
cars, there's not enough stiffness for spirited daily
driving, hence the necessity and popularity of upper
and lower strut braces.

Remember the Jags are frame cars and rear-wheel drive.

Sorry to bust your bubble...keep dreaming, and learn
to weld well, and interesting things are bound to
happen!

Ron

--- Brian McGarvey <brianm@zbt62.eastnet.gatech.edu>