Re: Leaking Fuel Tank Discussion

Here's my experience so far...

I called a local dealer, dropping Daun's name (Thanks
Daun!).  I'll bring the car in on Dec. 26.  The tech
said he'll have to inspect it before he can order a
tank and possibly a gravity valve (why the inspection
I don't know).  He told me that if the exhaust is
shot, it's a good time to have a new one installed
cheap since it has to come apart.  Same for rear
shocks.

He won't remove the rear axle, just unbolt the shocks
and swing it out of the way (of course he has the
luxury of having a lift).

This guy was great - he even offered to install an
exhaust system and shocks of my own purchase for a
very low charge.

I did approach the subject of installing the tank
mysef as you are suggesting, Phil, it was a no-go.

Your dealer certainly may not be as accomodating as
this one, so be warned...

I'll let you know what happens next.

Ron