350 in a Scirocco.

My friend is looking at an older Jaguar with a 350 installed. This seems to
be a good idea because you get the luxury of a Jaguar coupled with the power
and price of an American engine(replacement parts, too). My question is has
anyone every thought of throwing in a 350 into a Scirocco? I know it's also
done on Porsche 914's quite a bit. Just imagine being able to replace an
engine all for less than a Schrick VR6 intake manifold. I know purist will
laugh, but imagine the amount of bang for the buck. Just a thought.

Travis.
'8816V.