Re: CRAZY Vert... WAS: Re: A new project!! (input requested)

In a message dated 12/13/00 7:12:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
pjwst17+@pitt.edu writes:

I know someone who put the Turbo from a Quantum TD on a 1.7 in an early
Rabbit Convert.  The thing was CRAZY. I got a ride in this hell machine and
thought I was going to die.  There was no intercooler, no wastegate, and no
blowoff valve, so the thing stayed pressurized all the time.  The car was
fast, eventually the motor did blow up because he beat the HELL out of it.
It was high mileage BTW.  Here is an example of how powerful it was. (with
15" wheels).  During a roll back, he was able to SMOKE first, second, and I
think third on a stock trans.  When he shifted into 2nd, the wheel came to
a complete stop, then it just started spinning again.

I have an mpeg of a pickup doing this....I can't get my car to do it though.
I think it only works with the stock diff.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)