From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org [mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Marc Peterson
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 11:29 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Option for engine swap for 81 'rocco S

A few days ago I sent a message to the list asking about a 1.8t swap, and thanks to everyone who responded.  I am not going to do it.  However, I found a 86 GTI for sale 15 minutes from my folks house that looks good.  The car was in a front end accident, and needs a new driver's fender, hood, and grill.  The guy that is selling it just wants to get rid of it.  He says the engine is running great, it is his son's old car and its just sitting around.  He wants 600 or best offer.  I figure if I give him 500 cash on the spot its mine.  Is this engine good for the MK1?  According to Shine's web site the engine should be an 8V 1.8.  If it is running good, I can just pull all the wiring out and swap it right into the Rocco, right?  All the CIS-E stuff is right there.

Thanks,
Marc