Re: Rear disc Parking brake

In a message dated 12/11/00 10:56:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rabbit16v@prodigy.net writes:

Am I remembering correctly or do the calipers in the rear last longer if you
don't use your parking brake?  I don't know if I could actually follow
through with not using my parking brake, but it would be nice if you could
prolong the life of them!!!

I think that would be IF we had salt around here. Last time I saw salt was at
the table. I brought my car, and my brakes from Nevada and have used the
parking brake here for over a year....nothing has changed.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)