Re: NW Dyno Day Wrap Up

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Wing Gee wrote:

> Agreed.. it was fun. "Hecho En Mexico VW owners " heh.. who said my car was
> gonna catch on fire? heh. just cause my car doesn't have a paint job.. haha.
> *sigh* yeah i have fuel problems. hopefully i can sort it out. i scanned my
> graphs in and have some pics of me and my car.
> if anyone have any suggestions on my fueling problems. let me know. i'm all
> open ears at this point.

Wing, over the past few years, and even recently CIS and turbos have been
discussed.  The general consensus is to upgrade to a more modern
electronic fuel system like Motronic.  At least they can be reprogrammed
to compensate for your increased air flow!  Now, in the mean time,
definately get a control pressure regulator off an Audi turbo on that
thing...and quick.  That will help some, possibly even come close to
solving most of it...but even the Audi's had a reputation for leaning out
on boost.....

I have even heard of guys taking the whole audi turbo CIS setup and just
blocking one of the injector lines (since they were a 5 cyl).....

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox