[tech][body] More Bumper Woes, shoot me now

well after receiving another set of bumper inserts, i still cannot figure
out what my problem is.  still the rear bumper, i've use both the impact
(shock absorber looking) inserts and plain steel ones.  The bumper is STILL
sitting 3.5" off the car!  So today i looked at my front bumper, and the
rear one looks exactly like it (the steel part I mean) so NOW i'm wondering
if maybe i just have the wrong bumper?  I dunno its driving me crazy cause
it just seems so simple.  anyhow, it still looks st00pid and i cant use the
top bumper trim that i got 3 months ago that started this whole fiasco.

BUT my car is running tip top!  had a little snow here too and, just like my
'86 GTI use to do, it just ripped up hills with no problem.

Greg

'84 Scirocco