Re: o2 nonsense

> jonas miller wrote:
>
> here is the deal with the 02
> 8v is one wire,
> 16v is 3 wire [HEATED]
> so get the universal [3 wire] from potterman for $45US or whatever
> he is selling it because the bosch 3 wires run about $160
> (which is cheap for them) and up retail,
> one wires are cheap as hell but wont work unless you have an 8v
> you will have to cut and splice the wires which is no big deal, black
> to black, white to white, and white/black to white/black
> $200 is average
> jonas

Here is a post stock add-on to three wire vs single wire:

O2s that are up in the manifold are single wire- they get hot and stay
hot because they are right off the combustion chambers.

16vs came with a location downstream and there fore needed to heat the
O2 up and make sure it stayed hot- this is why my long tube header with
it's O2 location done in the air stream, right before the cat, needs a
three wire O2 and why I have poor performance with the single wore model
I got with the car. (Silly me, I replaced it when I 1st got the car
thinking it would help just being new).

This last is also why the shop (ND w/ the tube up the tail pipe) had
such a hard time getting it to pass smog, couldn't set air to fuel right
since the system wasn't up to par.

TBerk