Re: [Tires] Snow tires ??

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Steve H wrote:

> I didn't think that 13" rims would fit the 16v Front Brakes....Also, At this
> point, I would want at least 14"s anyway because my car has the whore (god I
> hate this set-up) springs with boogie shocks..So ground clearance is a minor
> issue as well.

Good point on the rim size thing!  I forgot about you 16v guys with the
overkill brakes.  As far as ground clearance: a 155/80/13 is almost the
exact same diameter as a 185/60/14 (which 16vs came with).  If I remember
correctly the 155/80/13 is actually a tiny bit taller.

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox