Re: [TECH]: Bad coil?

yep. upon further review, it seems the hall sender is toast. when i took it
out though, there was a little oil in there, but really not much. hopefully
that's it though. thought about rebuilding the distributor, but the hall
sender was $110 and the whole thing was $175 (+$15 so i get it 2 day)
through mark. turns out some of my testing was messed up yesterday due to a
loose wire in my multimeter. doh! that's why things didn't make sense. btw,
you can just replace the hall sender. but you can't get the seals that let
the oil in that fried the sender for some reason. hmmm.
-michael
88 16v<--waiting to run