RE: My Scirocco

Hi Andy,

I was down there at the weekend and you are right about the cars, they have
two half dismantled Scirocco's at the moment but they will try and find any
bits you want (helpful bunch).

They have some bits on order from South Africa for me at the moment and just
supplied me with a reconditioned speedo etc. The previous owner had soldered
(badly) the bulbs in back and split the flexi printed circuit.
A question for you knowledgable bunch. At the top centre of my dash (where
the gear-change/economy light is) there is a display for fuel consumption in
MPG, it works due to a vacuum (allegedly) and has a solenoid on the back. It
didn't work on the original dials, it doesn't work on the new set and I
wondered if anyone had any ideas???

Cheers,

Nathan
'84 Scirocco Storm