Re: [Tech]: O2 sensors

While on the subject, does anyone know any details about the FI that was used
in Collin's (TT) drag Rabbit? I have heard this was an early Audi CIS-E
system with a potentiometer on the dash to minipulate the mixture on the fly.
This makes sense to me as CIS-E came in some 4000's as far back as '84. Now,
I wouldn't think a rev limiter would be present in a model that old. If it
does have a rev limiter, then it's probably in the fuel pump relay (like in
the later foxes), which I don't really have to worry about in my Rabbit. I
would assume this potentiometer was connected to the coolant temp loop to
minipulate the impedance in much the same way the "power modules" do. Some
info can be found at http://cll.auhs.edu/~limg/dragin.htm . If anyone has any
insight on this one, I would love to hear about it. I hate to call up and ask
questions as I know I would hate that if I were him....I will at! least have
to wait until spring though if I am going to ask him in person.....but I'm
too damn impatient. Thanks!

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)