Re: [RANT] Trusting Mechanics

If I needed an alternator for my 16v engine I
bought used Ford Scorpio 90A alternator.

It needed minor redesign (one ring had to
be moved about 1 mm) and it fit perfectly.
And the belt wheel had to be taken from
your original alternator.

But it cost only 55$, so it was worth the work
as the rebuilt one would have cost around
140$ here in Estonia.

Lauri!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!

> << $145 for a rebuilt alternator seems pretty steep. when i eventually
find a
>  good mechanic and take my car there (hasn't happened in 5 years so far),
i'm
>  supplying my own parts. >>
>
> I can agree with supplying one's own parts-- AND doing one's own work...
But,