Techtonics cat and downpipe

At 140K miles and still on the original cat, I'm wondering if changing it
out for a Techtonics unit might be a good idea.  How long are cats supposed
to last on these cars?  And is the Techtonics piece a good idea, or is there
better out there?

Also, a buddy of mine wants to give me a nearly-new Techtonics dual downpipe
for a few bucks, so I'm considering doing that at the same time.  I assume a
new O2 sensor wouldn't be a bad idea either.  I already have the better
manifold on the car.

Thoughts?

Benjamin Wood
84 Scirocco