Re: odd part needed/Rear deck speaker

> I need one (or a pair, I guess) of the rubber straps that attach the
> rear deck to the hatch.  One of mine broke at Treffen.

  check the junkyards. i found a pair on a couple different sciroccos.
last time my friend had to replace one on his wife's volvo, they cost
$65 each. that may not be the price of the vw ones, but considering it
was only used on the scirocco....

> Also, I'm thinking about installing my Boston 6x9's in my rear deck, but
> I'm worried about vibration and rattling.  Anyone out there have any
> problems with rear-deck speaker installs?

  vibration and rattling should be too much of a problem. however,
depending on how heavy the speakers are, the trunk lid will sag. i have
a lid here that has cut-outs for 6x9's and there's some sag to it. when
i go to install my 10"'s and the amp, i'll probably use 3/4" to 1"
plywood (my trunk lid is in fairly good shape, all things considering).
if you want to amp them, i'd say go for 1/2" to 3/4" ply wood, mount
your amp on the bottom b/w the speakers and rig up some type of pivoting
device.

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com