Re: MK1-->MK2 Headlight swap

--- freshapple <freshapple@mac.com> wrote:
> Anyone ever try to put the older MK1 circle
> headlight assembly on a
> newer MK2 square headlight style front end?\

Yes, this has been covered several times on the list
(search the archives).

You can see pics of various on Dirk's site:

http://www.scirocco2.de/index2.htm

A fundamental problem is that the MK2 front "swoops"
away from the middle of the car whereas the MK1 grill
and lights are perpendicular (90 deg) to the
centerline of the car.

In order to do this right (I have spent some time with
a MK1 and MK2 side by side with hoods open pondering
this idea), I think a fair amount of sheet metal
fabrication would be necessary.

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)