Gauge install, fog lights, mileage

K, so I got a couple dual-gauge oil pressure senders from the junkyard
today, both out of Cabbys.  One of them has dual screw-post outputs, the
other has one srcrew-post and a spade connector ON the screw post.  I
assume I'd use the dual-post to wire up my 5 bar gauge.  Am I correct?
And, does the signal need to be grounded out of the gauge, or not?  I
asked before, and no one responded.  I also got a control pressure
regulator out of an '85 Rocco, and I'd like to test it before I install
it in my car.  Any ideas how to do this?
On a side note, I'm up to 365 miles on this tank, with another 1/8 tank
to go!!  Amazing what happens when you fix a fuel leak, eh?  I was
getting 310 or so before my leak was fixed (pretty bad leak out of the
accumulator line).
Oh, and one more.  I got a fog light switch out of a rocco, and I'm
planning on wiring up my fogs to it.  There are 3 outputs, 2 larger ones
and a smaller one.  I'm assuming the 2 larger ones are 12v in/out to the
lights, and the smaller one is signal in from the headlight switch?
Okay, one more.  While I had my dash apart, I found a larger wire (looks
like 10 gauge, wrapped in light grey sheathing), which had been cut off,
leading back into the dash.  Any ideas what this could be?
Done for now, I think....
Thanks,
Nate
'84 8v