Re: tires on 13x5.5

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:56:04 -0400 "VW FREAK" <farmracer@mindspring.com>
writes:
>I run 205/60/13 BFG R-1 on my 13x 5.5 factory rims with no problems,
>but watch cleareances- on super hard cornering, the rear tires just
barely
>barely barely rub on the rear shock housings. you will not notice it
>driving but it happens.
>Ken N.

Thats a very sticky tires. Sticky tires on stock suspensions can fully
compress one corner on hard cornering which could result in tire rub on
the strut tubes. Even tho the R1 has an extremely stiff sidewall, the
tire will move around on the rim quite a bit. (Flex from side to side)

Even when I ran my 13X6 wheels, the R1 would still rub the strut tube a
little in the front and the springs in the rear. Not enough to feel or
even comprimise handling, just enough to bug me when I changed back to
street wheels.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!