Re: Strange question

At 04:17 PM 8/24/00 -0400, Eric L Ellis wrote:
>Try these on. I answered the phone at the old shop I worked at, "City
>Foreign Auto." and I got, "Yeah, do yunz guys got anya them 7" rear ends?
>I wawnt uh newun not onea them rebuilt onez.", to which I responded, "I'm
>sorry, this is city FOREIGN auto. We only carry parts for imports." "But
>I'm werkin' awn a Toyota with uh 350 in it."
>
>While there, I constantly got calls for parts for a "Hyunda LX" I'd ask
>if they meant a HONDA LX or a Hyundai(sp?) EXCEL. "Yeah, a Hyunda LX...or
>XL, do it matter?"
>
>Hope that amuses,
>Eric
>Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

It's amazing isn't it?  I think the general population are idiots(this
comes from working at a Home Depot)  I had a guy call me for a quote for
fencing for his yard.  I asked him the size of his yard, he didn't have any
idea.  I told him I couldn't give him a quote without some idea of the
area.  He asked if I would at least give an approximate quote.  On WHAT?
an area with no measurements?  What an idiot.  He then proceeded to tell me
he lived in a trailer park, on the edge, and had that whole big area there.
 I thought        "Ohhhh THAT whole big area!?!!  They really are morons.

John