Re: euro light relay mounting

> And third, since euro light questions abound, what's the best way to mount
> the new relays?  I did see the 'block of wood' method on scirocco.org.
> Thoughts?

If you don't like the block of wood method (?!) or putting sheet metal
screws into your fender wall; you can do like I did.  I went to Home Depot
and got two of their galvanized steel plates which are 3" x4".  I bent it
into an "L" shape and used the existing holes on the upper core support
(where your hood latches).  Throw some paint on it first so it doesn't start
rusting.  I got the idea from another Scirocco owner on the Portland cruise
a few years back.  I used one relay per beam (and they are the $20 Hella
relays with the fuse on top!).

Let me know if you need more clarification,
David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR