Re: '79 Mk1 16V conversion complete, but STILL no start

Nice pic (a while ago).  I am glad to see that car getting the attention she
deserved!
One tests (that probably is not in the bently) that works, crack open one of
the banjo fitting bolts on top of the fuel dist.  If fuel squirts out, you
are getting fuel, if it does not, there probably is something wrong.  BTW, I
am wondering what kind of exhaust you are using?
Also, I am curiuos how you spliced in the 16v wiring.  Thank god VW keeps
their engine wiring and chasis wiring seperate (for the most part).
Anyway, that little trick should tell you something, if no fuel comes out,
you could still have a bad pump (impeller spinning on shaft) or with a 16v,
it could be possible to switch fuel lines?
Good Luck

Ben S.
86 8v

First post from MTU!