Re: calif smog q

Kevin Collins wrote:

> My car is due to be smogged by mid-September.  As I'm about to get a worked
> head and euro cam installed, I want to smog it first.. but I have an exhaust
> leak at the flex coupling (which is not obnoxious but quite detectable).
> Will this cause me to fail??  I don't want to get it fixed till the other
> stuff gets done.. but that would mean smogging it afterwards, which I don't
> want to risk..  <?>
>
> --
> Kevin Collins
> '86.5 16V 2.0
> '00 Passat GLS 1.8T

My 81 (84 GTI Engine/ Long header/ unknown cat back) had trouble passing
last time. I had a new O2 and a fresh tune up but tall the leaks in my
exhaust system (the joints between sections leak like mad) led it to not
be able to work the o2 sensor's input very well.

Slap some of that flexible exhaust bandage crap on there to tighten
things up right before going in for a check up, at least.

hth,
TBerk