Re: 16V Scirocco top speed

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 06:49:00 GMT "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com>
writes:
> Well the only problem is that I have significantly changed the
> tranny. It has a 4K r/p and a 9A 1st-4th and an FF 5th. Does this
change these
> calculations?

Well yeah, unless it was an FF, which is 3.89:1 with the .71 5th gear
also...
You'll have to run your top speed again, get your RPM's, then drive at
half the RPM's in 5th gear, and double the speed..

Btw, that sounds like a great combination of gears. How do you like it?

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI
'84 Scirocco, '80 Scirocco, '88 Scirocco 16V